Will a support group help me lose weight?

Support groups are a great system to use while trying to lose weight. Support groups can be family, friends, or a local walking club. It is always beneficial to surround yourself with like-minded people working towards a similar goal especially when it is something which requires a significant amount of discipline such as losing weight. Members of support groups have often already tackled some of the same things you are going through. They understand why you are doing what you are doing, and this experience can be used as great guidance through the tough times when you may want to give up. Accountability is also a big factor when it comes to support groups. It is usually very important to each member that every other member reach their goals. If you’re feeling down and depressed one day, there is a good chance a member of a support group will give you the motivation you need to get out the door and go to the gym.

Continue Learning about Motivation and Weight Loss

Need Motivation to Lose Weight? Get Paid
Making a friendly bet could pay off big on your bathroom scale. So says a study in which dieters who were paid to lose weight dropped about 10 pounds...
Why is it so hard to follow a healthy diet?
More often than you’d think, the problem is that a lot of folks just don’t know what a healthy d...
Can money be used to motivate people to lose weight?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Since the first season of The Biggest Loser, employees have gathered together to lose weight tog...
How Can I Stay On the Right Track If I Am Obese?