How can I stay motivated to keep weight off?

Abby Ellin
What I heard people saying over and over is that they keep a vivid picture in their minds of what life was like when they were heavy and all the things they hated about it. They tell you that they never forget the pain of the past. You could say they’re wallowing in the past, but in their next breath they’ll contrast that with how great their lives are. They congratulate themselves that they’re somehow able to keep that comparing and contrasting fresh.
Teenage Waistland: A Former Fat Kid Weighs In on Living Large, Losing Weight, and How Parents Can (and Can't) Help

We've been inundated lately with books and articles about childhood obesity. Most offer cultural critique or nutrition and exercise advice — in tones that are alternately appalled and patronizing....

Continue Learning about Motivation and Weight Loss

Need Motivation to Lose Weight? Get Paid
Making a friendly bet could pay off big on your bathroom scale. So says a study in which dieters who were paid to lose weight dropped about 10 pounds...
What's the best motivation for losing weight?
A lot of people want to lose weight to drop a dress size or fit into their old jeans. In this video,...
How should I reward myself by doing well on my diet?
The days of rewarding yourself with bad food after being healthy are obsolete. In this video, Dr...
High Performance Health in Everyday Life