How can I stay motivated to keep weight off?

Abby Ellin
What I heard people saying over and over is that they keep a vivid picture in their minds of what life was like when they were heavy and all the things they hated about it. They tell you that they never forget the pain of the past. You could say they’re wallowing in the past, but in their next breath they’ll contrast that with how great their lives are. They congratulate themselves that they’re somehow able to keep that comparing and contrasting fresh.
Teenage Waistland: A Former Fat Kid Weighs In on Living Large, Losing Weight, and How Parents Can (and Can't) Help

We've been inundated lately with books and articles about childhood obesity. Most offer cultural critique or nutrition and exercise advice — in tones that are alternately appalled and patronizing....

Continue Learning about Motivation and Weight Loss

How to Motivate Yourself for Weight Loss Success
When David Bowie penned Changes, he was commenting on how challenging change can be. And if you’re like most folks, you too have a hard time making ch...
How should I reward myself for weight loss success?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
As you chart your progress, at the end of the day or week, or whenever you need a little boost, ce...
How can I achieve success with my weight loss efforts?
Quantitative methods are the best way to assess whether your plan will end in success or end in a ...
How Can I Stay On the Right Track If I Am Obese?