How can I stay consistently motivated to lose weight?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
Visualize your weight loss goal several times a day, exactly what your life and relationships will be like when you do accomplish it. Do you have an old picture of what you looked like at that weight, or perhaps a picture from a magazine? Place it near the refrigerator or your computer monitor to keep the image fixed in your mind.

Picture yourself at your goal in your mind's eye. This does wonders for maintaining motivation. You'll impress the image upon your subconscious mind, which will help you mobilize the energy to carry out your weight loss plan. You will actually give your fat cells and muscle cells the mental blueprint for creating the body you desire. The person you want to be and the body you want to inhabit are already inside of you. Through visualization you will call him or her forth.
Layne Lieberman, MS, RD
If you want to stay motivated to lose weight, taking small, manageable steps often leads to the biggest successes. In this video, I will explain how minor changes can turn into lasting, healthy lifestyle habits.
Sudeepta Varma, MD
Psychiatry
To stay consistently motivated to lose weight, it's helpful to have a realistic image to aspire to, which will inspire you to stay focused on your goals. Watch me discuss strategies for staying motivated to lose weight.

Continue Learning about Motivation and Weight Loss

3 Mindset Shifts That Boost Weight Loss
3 Mindset Shifts That Boost Weight Loss
Your brain can be your ally or foe when it comes to losing weight. Don’t let negative thinking prevent you from shedding those unwanted pounds. Tori C...
Can money be used to motivate people to lose weight?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Since the first season of The Biggest Loser, employees have gathered together to lose weight tog...
What's the best motivation for losing weight?
A lot of people want to lose weight to drop a dress size or fit into their old jeans. In this video,...
High Performance Health in Everyday Life