What increases my risk for Morgellons disease?

Because Morgellons disease is not widely recognized by the medical community as a valid diagnosis, doctors and scientists are not sure who is at risk for Morgellons disease. Likewise, they do not know if Morgellons disease is contagious. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted a study of people with Morgellons symptoms. The study found no clear infectious or environmental cause, but many patients had psychiatric or addictive conditions.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

How many people suffer from Morgellons disease?
Because Morgellons disease is not a widely accepted diagnosis, no one is sure how many people actual...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with Morgellons disease?
The most important thing you need to do when you are caring for someone with Morgellons or any disea...
How long does Morgellons disease last?
Morgellons disease is not widely accepted by the medical community as an actual disease, so no one r...
What is Morgellons disease?
Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MDFarzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Morgellons disease falls under the umbrella of a set of psychiatric based diseases with somatic or "...