What should I do if my doctor does not believe I have Morgellons disease?

Morgellons disease is not accepted among most medical professionals as an actual disease, so it is very possible that your doctor may not acknowledge Morgellons disease as a possibility for your symptoms. Your doctor may want to rule out other conditions before even discussing the possibility of Morgellons disease. It may also be helpful for you to do your own research into Morgellons and the ongoing studies about its causes and symptoms.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

What do I need to know about caring for someone with Morgellons disease?
The most important thing you need to do when you are caring for someone with Morgellons or any disea...
Why is Morgellons disease so controversial?
Morgellons disease is not widely accepted as a valid diagnosis by the medical community, so it has b...
How many people suffer from Morgellons disease?
Because Morgellons disease is not a widely accepted diagnosis, no one is sure how many people actual...
What is Morgellons disease?
Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MDFarzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Morgellons disease falls under the umbrella of a set of psychiatric based diseases with somatic or "...