How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose Morgellons disease?

Morgellons disease is not an officially accepted medical diagnosis, so you should do as much research as possible and be prepared to bring up the possibility of the disease with your doctor. There may be another condition causing symptoms like those associated with Morgellons, so make sure you note all your symptoms and when you first discovered them, as well as your medical history and medications or supplements you take. In order to diagnose Morgellons disease, many other conditions need to first be ruled out, so you may want to prepare yourself for several tests.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

What do I need to know about caring for someone with Morgellons disease?
The most important thing you need to do when you are caring for someone with Morgellons or any disea...
What is Morgellons disease?
Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MDFarzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Morgellons disease falls under the umbrella of a set of psychiatric based diseases with somatic or "...
How long does Morgellons disease last?
Morgellons disease is not widely accepted by the medical community as an actual disease, so no one r...
How many people suffer from Morgellons disease?
Because Morgellons disease is not a widely accepted diagnosis, no one is sure how many people actual...