How does Morgellons disease affect the body?

The symptoms associated with what is called Morgellons disease primarily affect the skin. Reported symptoms include itchy rashes or sores on the skin, as well as black spots that look like threads on the skin or underneath the skin. People have reported feeling a crawling, stinging, or biting sensation on their skin-sort of like an insect is crawling on, stinging, or biting them. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence of a distinct physical ailment in the cases it investigated, so be aware that your symptoms may be associated with a different disorder that causes different effects on the body.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

How many people suffer from Morgellons disease?
Because Morgellons disease is not a widely accepted diagnosis, no one is sure how many people actual...
What should I do if my doctor does not believe I have Morgellons disease?
Morgellons disease is not accepted among most medical professionals as an actual disease, so it is v...
How common is Morgellons disease?
What type of doctor should I see for my Morgellons disease?
If you suspect you may have Morgellons disease, first make an appointment with your primary care or ...