How long does Morgellons disease last?

Morgellons disease is not widely accepted by the medical community as an actual disease, so no one really knows how long Morgellons disease lasts. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) did research on Morgellons disease. The researchers were unable to determine if Morgellons is a new disease as no evidence was found that it is caused by an infectious agent. There are cases where antibiotics have been able to help minimize or even erase the skin lesions and rashes that are signature symptoms of Morgellons disease. That said, antibiotics may not help the other symptoms of Morgellons disease, such as fatigue and behavioral issues.

Continue Learning about Morgellons Disease

How many people suffer from Morgellons disease?
Because Morgellons disease is not a widely accepted diagnosis, no one is sure how many people actual...
What is Morgellons disease?
Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MDFarzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Morgellons disease falls under the umbrella of a set of psychiatric based diseases with somatic or "...
What type of doctor should I see for my Morgellons disease?
If you suspect you may have Morgellons disease, first make an appointment with your primary care or ...
What should I do if my doctor does not believe I have Morgellons disease?
Morgellons disease is not accepted among most medical professionals as an actual disease, so it is v...