What should I know about Lamictal before taking it?

You should not take Lamictal if you are allergic to Iamotrigine. Lamictal can cause a skin rash that is life-threatening. If you have any signs of a rash, fever, swelling, hoarseness, dark-colored urine, dizziness, lack of energy, headaches, chest pain, nausea, muscle pain or other serious symptoms, then you should contact your doctor immediately. You should also let your doctor know immediately if you have suicidal thoughts, increased anxiety or any other psychological side effects. Additionally, taking Lamictal in the beginning periods of pregnancy can cause cleft lip or palate in a newborn, so you should talk to your doctor if you have become pregnant while taking this medication. Any changes in oral contraceptives or hormone therapy should be reported to your doctor, since this may affect the levels of Lamictal in the body. Talk to your doctor also before stopping medication, even if you are feeling better.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food