What is triazolam?

Triazolam, also known by the brand name Halcion, is in a class of medications known as benzodiazepines (sedatives/hypnotics). It is used by people who have insomnia. Triazolam helps you fall asleep and stay asleep. It should not be used for long periods of time as it can become addictive. It produces a calming effect by acting on certain impulses in the brain. It comes in a tablet form and is taken orally.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food
An Easy Way to Boost Exercise Endorphins