What happens if I miss a dose of Carbatrol?

It is important to try not to miss any doses for the drug to provide its maximum benefit, but if you do miss a dose, you should take that dose as soon as you can. However, if your next dose is coming up soon, do not take two doses; simply skip the dose you missed and take your next dose in the schedule. You should keep taking Carbatrol on your original dosing schedule even if you do miss a dose.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
An Easy Way to Boost Exercise Endorphins
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food