What happens if I miss a dose of carbamazepine?

It is important to not miss any doses for carbamazepine to provide its maximum benefit, but if you do miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you can. However, if your next dose is coming up soon, simply skip the dose you missed and take your next dose in the schedule. Keep taking carbamazepine in your original dosing schedule even if you do miss a dose. Never double the dose to compensate for a missed dose. 

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day