What happens if I miss a dose of carbamazepine?

It is important to not miss any doses for carbamazepine to provide its maximum benefit, but if you do miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you can. However, if your next dose is coming up soon, simply skip the dose you missed and take your next dose in the schedule. Keep taking carbamazepine in your original dosing schedule even if you do miss a dose. Never double the dose to compensate for a missed dose. 

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
How does propranolol treat atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
Propranolol, an old beta blocker, treats atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia by slowing the heart rat...
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food
An Easy Way to Boost Exercise Endorphins