How soon after taking lamotrigine will my symptoms improve?

It may take several weeks to notice a significant improvement in symptoms after you start taking lamotrigine. This is because lamotrigine therapy should be started at a low dose and then increased slowly over days or even weeks. It is sometimes difficult to tell when symptoms improve with lamotrigine because this drug acts to decrease the frequency of seizures in epilepsy and decrease the frequency of mania and/or depressive episodes in bipolar disorder.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood