How soon after taking Lamictal will my symptoms improve?

When starting Lamictal, you will typically be started at a low dose. Then, the low dose will be gradually increased, every two to four weeks, until the best dose for you is found and your symptoms improve. Lamictal is usually started with immediate release tablets and may be switched to extended release tablets when the optimal dose for you is determined. Your full response to therapy can take up to three months or more.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood