How soon after taking Lamictal will my symptoms improve?

When starting Lamictal, you will typically be started at a low dose. Then, the low dose will be gradually increased, every two to four weeks, until the best dose for you is found and your symptoms improve. Lamictal is usually started with immediate release tablets and may be switched to extended release tablets when the optimal dose for you is determined. Your full response to therapy can take up to three months or more.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
How does propranolol treat atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
Propranolol, an old beta blocker, treats atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia by slowing the heart rat...
Fruits and Vegetables are Good-Mood Food
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day