How soon after taking carbamazepine will my symptoms improve?

You may take carbamazepine for three or more weeks before it takes full effect. The time to see effects will depend on the individual case and what illness you are using carbamazepine to treat. Speak with your doctor if you are worried that the drug is not working, but do not stop your dose without first consulting your doctor.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
An Easy Way to Boost Exercise Endorphins
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood