Can I take propranolol if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant, you should talk to your doctor before taking propranolol. Studies have shown abnormalities in babies whose mothers used the medicine. Your doctor may want to closely monitor your pregnancy if you take the medicine. Also, propranolol is passed through your breast milk.

If you are breastfeeding, you should take the medicine only if the benefits outweigh the risks to your baby. Talk to your doctor before taking the medicine.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
What should I know before taking carbamazepine?
Your doctor will need to do blood work, liver tests, and a urine analysis before starting treatment....
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day
An Easy Way to Boost Exercise Endorphins