Can I take propranolol if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant, you should talk to your doctor before taking propranolol. Studies have shown abnormalities in babies whose mothers used the medicine. Your doctor may want to closely monitor your pregnancy if you take the medicine. Also, propranolol is passed through your breast milk.

If you are breastfeeding, you should take the medicine only if the benefits outweigh the risks to your baby. Talk to your doctor before taking the medicine.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

How can prescription mood-altering drugs affect my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Prescription mood-altering drugs, such as anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, and sedatives, have ...
What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day