Can I use lamotrigine if I am breastfeeding?

Lamotrigine (Lamictal) passes into breast milk, but the effect on a breastfeeding baby is not clear. If you're nursing, discuss the risks and benefits of lamotrigine with your doctor. This medication is taken for seizures due to epilepsy or from Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, as well as for bipolar disorder.

Continue Learning about Mood Stablizing Agents

How does propranolol treat atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
Propranolol, an old beta blocker, treats atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia by slowing the heart rat...
What is carbamazepine?
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is a drug that was originally developed to treat epilepsy. It can also reli...
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Eat Cereal for Breakfast, Be Happy All Day