Should I let my doctor know I am taking molybdenum?

Yes, you should let your doctor know if you are planning to take molybdenum supplements. Because molybdenum deficiency is rare, your doctor might advise you to try some changes in your diet before you decide to take supplements. Also, it is possible that molybdenum may interact with other medical conditions you may have, such as liver or kidney disease or a copper deficiency.

Continue Learning about Molybdenum

What is the best way to take molybdenum?
The best way to take molybdenum is in a balanced diet. If your diet prevents you from receiving the...
What is molybdenum used for?
Molybdenum works to transfer iron from the liver to other organs in the body, preventing anemia and ...
Who should not use molybdenum?
Molybdenum supplements should not be taken to prevent molybdenum deficiency.  Instead of taking supp...
What are some foods that are natural sources of molybdenum?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Currently, data on molybdenum content from foods is scarce. Cases of deficiency or toxicity have not...