Are there any risks in using molybdenum?

Molybdenum can worsen a copper deficiency condition, so if you have copper deficiency you should consult your doctor before taking any molybdenum supplements. Levels of molybdenum in the blood, in some cases, have been known to increase when you are suffering from kidney or liver disease. An increase in molybdenum levels in the blood can increase the risk of unwanted effects.

Continue Learning about Molybdenum

Does molybdenum really work?
Molybdenum is a key part of the enzymes that carry iron from the liver to other organs and also help...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking molybdenum?
Yes, you should let your doctor know if you are planning to take molybdenum supplements. Because...
Who should use molybdenum?
Molybdenum is a mineral that everybody needs for growth and health, but necessary amounts of it usua...
Should I take molybdenum if I have a copper deficiency?
Molybdenum, in large enough amounts, can cause your body to lose copper. Therefore, if you have a co...