What skin moisturizer ingredients can help keep my skin healthy?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Normal skin still needs special attention to ensure that it remains balanced. It is important to use products that do not upset this balance, meaning they do not irritate, dehydrate, or increase photosensitivity. Look for ingredients such as petrolatum, mineral oil, silicone polymer, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, and polyvinvlpyrrolidone (PVP).
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Moisturizer Ingredients

Why do moisturizers use both humectants and occlusives?
Moisturizers use humectant ingredients, such as glycerin, to draw water from the surrounding environ...
What are the binders and emulsifiers used in skin care products?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Binders and emulsifiers are elements that create a stable mixture of different ingredients - binding...
What are oil-in-water moisturizers?
Oil-in-water moisturizers are those in which water is the dominant carrier. Since these formulations...
Why does my moisturizer contain lanolin?
Lanolin is a natural oil. It is a common component of moisturizers and lotions for preventing or tre...