How do emollients help make skin smooth?

Emollients are oily balms that restore epidermal lipids that have been damaged between skin cells.

Continue Learning about Moisturizer Ingredients

Why is it important to have a humectant in a moisturizer?
The purpose of a humectant is to draw in and hold onto moisture. Some of the most commonly used hume...
What is stearic acid?
Stearic acid is a fatty acid that is found naturally in the protective outer layer of the skin. It i...
Can I use a moisturizer that contains oat protein if I'm allergic to oats?
If you have a known allergy to oats, you'll want to play it safe and steer clear of skin moisturizin...
Why do moisturizers use humectants in their formulation?
Moisturizers use humectant ingredients, such as glycerin, to draw water from the surrounding environ...