What is mixed sleep apnea?

Mixed sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that is a combination of obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea; it is also called complex sleep apnea. During sleep, breathing stops many times for ten seconds or longer. This may cause snoring, snorting, gasping, or choking during sleep. The frequent interruptions caused by sleep apnea may lead to an unsatisfying night's sleep. Mixed sleep apnea generally begins as obstructive sleep apnea, and then later takes on some characteristics of central sleep apnea.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

What do I need to know about caring for someone with mixed sleep apnea?
If you are caring for someone who has mixed sleep apnea, you should make an appointment with their d...
What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?
Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obst...
Is mixed sleep apnea a sleep disorder?
Mixed sleep apnea is a sleeping disorder that has elements of both obstructive sleep apnea and centr...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?