What causes mixed sleep apnea?

Mixed sleep apnea generally begins as obstructive sleep apnea, and then later takes on some characteristics of central sleep apnea. With obstructive sleep apnea, the soft tissue of the throat or upper airway relaxes and blocks air during sleep, making breathing difficult. With central sleep apnea, there is a communication problem between the brain stem and the respiratory system when you are asleep. This causes pauses between breaths to last too long.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

How do I manage my mixed sleep apnea on a daily basis?
If you have mixed sleep apnea, you should follow your doctor's instructions on a daily basis. This m...
What is mixed sleep apnea?
Mixed sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that is a combination of obstructive sleep apnea and centr...
What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?
Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obst...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?