What are the symptoms of mixed sleep apnea?

Mixed sleep apnea can have different symptoms. Because mixed sleep apnea usually starts as obstructive sleep disorder, the most common symptom is disruptive snoring. Your breath might be shallow, or it might stop entirely for ten seconds or more as you sleep. You might snore loudly, snort, or gasp while you sleep. You may awaken abruptly with shortness of breath, or a sore throat. During the day, you may wake up with a headache. You may not feel well-rested, and you may have trouble concentrating.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

How is mixed sleep apnea diagnosed?
If your doctor suspects you have sleep apnea, they may suggest you go to a sleep laboratory for a po...
What increases my risk for mixed sleep apnea?
Mixed sleep apnea generally begins as obstructive sleep apnea. Obesity, middle-age, chronic nasal co...
What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?
Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obst...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?