How is mixed sleep apnea diagnosed?

If your doctor suspects you have sleep apnea, they may suggest you go to a sleep laboratory for a polysomnography. At the sleep lab, you will be attached to machines that can measure your body as you sleep. There are tests to measure blood oxygen levels, organ function, breathing patterns, eye movements, brain waves, and more. A doctor can interpret the test results.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

What are the treatment options for mixed sleep apnea?
Many treatment options are available for mixed sleep apnea. It is generally treated the same as obst...
Can mixed sleep apnea be prevented?
There is no sure way to prevent mixed sleep apnea. However, you may be able to lower your risk by ma...
Should I talk to my doctor about my mixed sleep apnea symptoms?
Sleep apnea can have serious, and even life-threatening, health consequences. If you suspect you hav...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?