What do I need to know about caring for someone with mixed sleep apnea?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Family Practitioner

If you are caring for someone who has mixed sleep apnea, you should make an appointment with their doctor. Then, you should help the person follow their doctor's instructions on a daily basis. This may mean assisting the person in losing weight, not smoking or drinking too much alcohol, or changing the position in which they sleep at night. If their doctor recommends that they use CPAP or wear an oral appliance, make sure they do so every time they go to sleep.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.