Are there alternative treatments for mixed sleep apnea?

Depending on the cause of your mixed sleep apnea, you may seek to treat it with lifestyle changes. For example, losing weight and not smoking or drinking alcohol may help. Not sleeping on your back might also help. Your dentist may be able to make an oral appliance to wear at night, or you may benefit from CPAP.

Continue Learning about Mixed Sleep Apnea

Should I talk to my doctor about my mixed sleep apnea symptoms?
Sleep apnea can have serious, and even life-threatening, health consequences. If you suspect you hav...
What increases my risk for mixed sleep apnea?
Mixed sleep apnea generally begins as obstructive sleep apnea. Obesity, middle-age, chronic nasal co...
How is mixed sleep apnea diagnosed?
If your doctor suspects you have sleep apnea, they may suggest you go to a sleep laboratory for a po...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?