When should I seek fertility treatment for miscarriages?

Women are advised to seek a fertility specialist if they have lost two or more pregnancies due to miscarriage, have been trying to conceive for over a year (under age 35) or have been trying to conceive for over six months (age 35 and over). They should also see a specialist if they have any other underlying gynecologic issues, e.g., endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

Continue Learning about Miscarriage

Is it possible to have a miscarriage without knowing it?
Robert J. Fagnant, MDRobert J. Fagnant, MD
Miscarriages are relatively common. As a matter of fact, up to 50% of all pregnancies can end in...
Is it possible to have a miscarriage in the third trimester?
It is possible to suffer a loss of pregnancy in the third trimester, but this will not be termed a m...
Do Women Get Pregnant More Often than They Used To?
If I'm Pregnant, Should I Be Worried About Spotting?