Will an inevitable miscarriage become a complete miscarriage?

An inevitable miscarriage is one that is expected to happen. A woman who is experiencing one, would most likely have bleeding. She may also feel pain as the uterus begins to contract. Upon examination, it would be clear that her cervix has started to dilate, and that the loss of the pregnancy is imminent. An inevitable miscarriage will be a complete miscarriage if all the related pregnancy tissues leave your body, but it could also become an incomplete miscarriage (if only a portion of the tissues leave) or missed miscarriage if the pregnancy is no longer viable but none of the tissues have passed.

Continue Learning about Miscarriage

What is an inevitable miscarriage?
An inevitable miscarriage is one that is expected to happen. A woman who is experiencing one, would ...
What should I do if I think I'm having a miscarriage?
Robert J. Fagnant, MDRobert J. Fagnant, MD
If a woman feels like she is miscarrying, the first thing she should do is call the physician or...
What Side Effects Can Colorectal Surgery Have on My Sex Life?
Does a Miscarriage Affect the Ability to Conceive Again?