Will an inevitable miscarriage become a complete miscarriage?

An inevitable miscarriage is one that is expected to happen. A woman who is experiencing one, would most likely have bleeding. She may also feel pain as the uterus begins to contract. Upon examination, it would be clear that her cervix has started to dilate, and that the loss of the pregnancy is imminent. An inevitable miscarriage will be a complete miscarriage if all the related pregnancy tissues leave your body, but it could also become an incomplete miscarriage (if only a portion of the tissues leave) or missed miscarriage if the pregnancy is no longer viable but none of the tissues have passed.

Continue Learning about Miscarriage

How soon after a miscarriage can I have intercourse again?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Loss of an early pregnancy is a common and often difficult experience. About 10% of recognized pregn...
How do I support someone who has had a miscarriage?
A miscarriage, complete or otherwise, is an emotional circumstance. Your loved one may feel deep los...
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
Does a Miscarriage Affect the Ability to Conceive Again?