Does bleeding always signify miscarriage?

Bleeding may not mean that a miscarriage is imminent. Bleeding can be associated with other factors in pregnancy. Regardless, if you do experience bleeding, it is good for your doctor to know about it. Your doctor may be able to run diagnostic tests to see if the bleeding is a cause for concern or something that will resolve itself.

Continue Learning about Miscarriage

How often do pregnancies end in miscarriage?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
An estimated 15 to 20 percent of known pregnancies result in miscarriage, which happens for a variet...
What is intrauterine fetal demise?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
An intrauterine fetal demise is when the fetus dies while in the uterus. Prior to the diagnosis, the...
What Side Effects Can Colorectal Surgery Have on My Sex Life?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?