Can exercise trigger a miscarriage?

Moderate exercise has not been shown to trigger miscarriage, complete or otherwise. High-intensity or very strenuous exercises (including jogging or high-impact sports), especially for long periods of time, are thought by some researchers to increase the risk. If you have been diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage (one that may be likely), you should probably avoid exercise while symptoms, like bleeding, exist. Women with this diagnosis are usually told to take it easy. Ask your doctor if this is necessary in your case.

Continue Learning about Miscarriage Causes & Risk Factors

What is the connection between trans fats and miscarriages?
Research shows that there's an increased risk of miscarriage as you add more trans fats to your diet...
What causes a miscarriage?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Pregnancy loss is more common than most women realize. Ten percent of most pregnancies end in miscar...
What Increases My Risk for Miscarriage?
What Increases My Risk for Miscarriage?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?
What Is Preeclampsia and Its Symptoms?