Zinc is a natural metallic chemical and a potent antioxidant that might help to reduce bad breath by killing plaque. Some studies suggest it has some mild activity in reducing the growth of plaque. It is often used as an ingredient in lozenges for sore throats and is also included in multivitamin formulations and in mouthwashes that also contain chlorhexidine and hydrogen peroxide.
- Q How does zinc help a man sexually?
- Q Do zinc supplements help with acne vulgaris?
- Q What foods are good sources of zinc for teens?
- Q What foods are rich in zinc?
- Q What is the recommended dietary allowance for zinc?
- Q What are the effects of taking too much zinc?