Zinc is a natural metallic chemical and a potent antioxidant that might help to reduce bad breath by killing plaque. Some studies suggest it has some mild activity in reducing the growth of plaque. It is often used as an ingredient in lozenges for sore throats and is also included in multivitamin formulations and in mouthwashes that also contain chlorhexidine and hydrogen peroxide.
- Q What foods are good sources of zinc for teens?
- Q What is the best way to take zinc?
- Q Do zinc supplements help with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder?
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with zinc supplements?
- Q What foods are rich in zinc?
- Q Do zinc supplements help with sickle cell anemia?