Zinc is a natural metallic chemical and a potent antioxidant that might help to reduce bad breath by killing plaque. Some studies suggest it has some mild activity in reducing the growth of plaque. It is often used as an ingredient in lozenges for sore throats and is also included in multivitamin formulations and in mouthwashes that also contain chlorhexidine and hydrogen peroxide.
- Q Do zinc supplements help with herpes simplex virus?
- Q How do I get enough zinc if I am a vegetarian?
- Q How can zinc deficiency affect liver detoxification?
- Q What are the benefits of taking a zinc supplement?
- Q How can zinc help keep my eyes healthy?
- Q How does zinc support a healthy immune system?