How can zinc help keep my skin healthy?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Zinc also has antioxidant effects and is vital to the body’s resistance to infection and for tissue repair. However, high doses of zinc are toxic and may suppress immune function. It’s best to ask a doctor for what might be safe in any particular situation. Foods high in zinc include seafood, eggs, meats, whole grains, wheat germ, and nuts and seeds.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Why does my body need minerals?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Minerals are an inorganic substance that are essential for human life. They also plays a role in m...
What minerals play an active role in bone health?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Several minerals play an active role in the absorption of calcium, its metabolism, and bone deve...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young