Why is zinc important for my health?

You may have heard of zinc before, perhaps as an important ingredient in cold remedies or certain sunscreens (remember those fun-colored noses from the 1980s?). What many of you don't know is that zinc is an essential mineral in your diet. The recommended daily allowances for men and women are 11 mg and 8 mg, respectively.

Zinc plays a number of crucial functions in your body:
  • It accelerates the activity of approximately 100 different body enzymes;
  • It promotes immune function to fight illness;
  • It supports healthy cell growth and development;
  • It ensures a proper sense of taste and smell.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Been feeling like a wet dishrag lately? Could be you're low on magnesium. Magnesium is a multitasking mineral, and one of its jobs is to power up our...
What should I know about cobalt before taking it?
Before taking cobalt, there are certain facts you should know. Most of the time a cobalt supplem...
What is the best way to take cobalt?
The absolute best way to get cobalt is through food. It is found in foods that are high in vitamin B...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young