Why should I take ferrous sulfate and folic acid together?

You should have adequate intake of both iron and folic acid because both are essential for producing healthy red blood cells. Folic acid is the precursor form of the active molecule, methyltetrahydrofolate, or folate for short. Folate is vitamin B9, naturally found in foods.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
How are minerals categorized?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Minerals are classified into two categories: major and minor. This classification is determined by t...
What is the role of boron in my body?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Boron, a mineral plentiful in fruits and vegetables, appears to play an active role in the metabolis...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young