Who should take potassium supplement?

Too much potassium can cause health problems, so it is important that you only take potassium supplements as recommended by your doctor. You may require potassium supplementation if you have low levels of potassium in your blood (hypokalemia) or if you have a condition that depletes the body of potassium. In some cases, different potassium salts may be used to treat various disease states on its own or as part of the prescription drugs.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
How much ferrous sulfate should I take?
Your dose of ferrous sulfate may depend on your reasons for taking this supplement. You should discu...
At what age should I start taking iron supplements?
Talk to your doctor to determine if you need iron supplements. People who may need supplements inclu...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young