Who should take potassium supplement?

Too much potassium can cause health problems, so it is important that you only take potassium supplements as recommended by your doctor. You may require potassium supplementation if you have low levels of potassium in your blood (hypokalemia) or if you have a condition that depletes the body of potassium. In some cases, different potassium salts may be used to treat various disease states on its own or as part of the prescription drugs.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
How are minerals categorized?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Minerals are classified into two categories: major and minor. This classification is determined by t...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young