What is oral iron supplementation?

Rick Sayegh
Rick Sayegh on behalf of MDLIVE
Oral iron usually provides a safe, cheap and effective means of restoring iron balance in a patient with iron deficiency. There are a few simple principles governing the use of oral iron:
  • Ferrous Fumarate: 106 mg elemental iron/tablet
  • Ferrous Sulfate: 65 mg elemental iron/tablet
  • Ferrous Gluconate: 28 to 36 mg iron/tablet

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Should I let my doctor know I take cobalt?
Always talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication to avoid possible inte...
What is cobalt?
Cobalt is a mineral found in nature, generally in the crust of the earth and used in a variety o...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young