What is the estimated daily intake of minerals by an adult human male?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
The estimated daily intake of minerals by an adult human male is as follows:
  • Calcium -- 800 mg
  • Phosphorus -- 800 mg
  • Potassium --1,600-2,000 mg
  • Sodium -- 500 mg
  • Magnesium -- 350mg
  • Iron -- 10mg
  • Manganese -- 2.0-5.0 mg
  • Copper -- 1.5-3.0 mg
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
What is the best way to take cobalt?
The absolute best way to get cobalt is through food. It is found in foods that are high in vitamin B...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young