What are the health risks of chromium?

We know little about chromium toxicity, so we don't know how much a person can take without a negative effect. Too much chromium can cause heart palpitations, high blood pressure, and even psychosis. Animal studies have shown that chromium can cause chromosomal damage and so may pose a risk of cancer as well. I recommend eating a balanced diet and taking a multivitamin as a backup. That should provide all the chromium you need.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What should I know about cobalt before taking it?
Before taking cobalt, there are certain facts you should know. Most of the time a cobalt supplem...
What are good sources of iron for vegetarians?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The following foods are vegetarian-friendly sources of iron: Dried beans Dark green vegetables s...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young