Should I let my doctor know I am taking zinc?

Yes, in fact, you should always let your doctor know about all of the medications you take so that you avoid any drug interactions. Zinc, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods, so it is important to discuss the proper dosage of zinc and all of the possible complications that may accompany it. 

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What is the role of minerals in my body?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The role of minerals in your body is to help your body to grow and to stay healthy. Minerals are ess...
What are minerals?
Minerals are natural, non-living materials that your body needs to stay healthy. There are two types...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young