Should I let my doctor know I am taking zinc?

Yes, in fact, you should always let your doctor know about all of the medications you take so that you avoid any drug interactions. Zinc, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods, so it is important to discuss the proper dosage of zinc and all of the possible complications that may accompany it. 

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
What is the role of minerals in my body?
Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDr. Dariush Mozaffarian, MD
The body needs, and stores, fairly large amounts of the major minerals. These minerals are no more i...
What is zinc?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Zinc is an essential mineral. It is naturally present in many foods, including milk and meat product...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young