What is the recommended daily intake of copper for my child?

Children need different amounts of copper depending on how old they are. Between one and three years of age, children need 340 micrograms of copper daily. Between four and eight years of age, they should get 440 mcg. of copper each day. Between ages nine and 13, children should be getting at least 700 mcg. of copper per day. Copper deficiency is uncommon. Most people are able to get enough copper by eating a healthy diet.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
What is the estimated daily intake of minerals by an adult human male?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The estimated daily intake of minerals by an adult human male is as follows: Calcium -- 800 mg ...
What can happen if I consume too much sodium or phosphorus?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Having too much of one major mineral can result in a deficiency of another. Calcium binds with exces...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young