Should I let my doctor know I take calcium?

Yes. Because calcium has the potential to interact with many medications and may affect certain medical conditions, it is a good idea to let your doctor know that you're taking it. Telling your doctor is especially important if you are being prescribed a new medication or any of the medications that are known to interact, or if you have a medical condition that may be complicated by increased calcium. Discussing your calcium supplement with your doctor may also help you determine the correct dosage and way to take it.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Feel Stronger with This Mineral
Been feeling like a wet dishrag lately? Could be you're low on magnesium. Magnesium is a multitasking mineral, and one of its jobs is to power up our...
What is the role of boron in my body?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Boron, a mineral plentiful in fruits and vegetables, appears to play an active role in the metabolis...
What foods contain boron?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Fruits, vegetables, and nuts are excellent sources of boron. Avocados are particularly rich in this ...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young