Should I let my doctor know I take calcium?

Yes. Because calcium has the potential to interact with many medications and may affect certain medical conditions, it is a good idea to let your doctor know that you're taking it. Telling your doctor is especially important if you are being prescribed a new medication or any of the medications that are known to interact, or if you have a medical condition that may be complicated by increased calcium. Discussing your calcium supplement with your doctor may also help you determine the correct dosage and way to take it.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
How does cobalt affect the body?
Cobalt is used in the body to help absorb and process vitamin B12. In addition, cobalt helps tre...
What is strontium?
Strontium is a powerful supplement that will provide crucial protection to your bones, preventing br...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young