Should I let my doctor know I'm taking manganese?

There are several reasons why you should let you doctor know if you're taking manganese. For one, it may interact poorly with a medication or supplement you're taking. Manganese may decrease the effectiveness of certain antibiotics, for instance. Likewise, manganese might interact poorly with medical conditions involving the liver, heart, and bile duct, causing harm to your health. Also, if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, your doctor can let you know a safe level of manganese to take to avoid possible harming your child.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What can cause high selenium levels?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
The amount of selenium in foods varies widely, as it depends on the selenium content of the soil whe...
What are minerals?
Minerals are natural, non-living materials that your body needs to stay healthy. There are two types...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young