Should I let my doctor know I'm taking manganese?

There are several reasons why you should let you doctor know if you're taking manganese. For one, it may interact poorly with a medication or supplement you're taking. Manganese may decrease the effectiveness of certain antibiotics, for instance. Likewise, manganese might interact poorly with medical conditions involving the liver, heart, and bile duct, causing harm to your health. Also, if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, your doctor can let you know a safe level of manganese to take to avoid possible harming your child.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
Why should pregnant women and young children limit mercury consumption?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Because fetuses and young children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of mercury, it is part...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young