Should iron be supplemented with vitamin C?

The best absorbed type of iron is a ferrous salt. The typical iron dose is 300mg of ferrous sulfate, which delivers 50-60mg of elemental iron. If more than one dose is recommended, separating them into multiple doses each day will increase absorption also. Vitamin C can enhance the absorption of iron. Separate the dose from your multivitamin and avoid taking it with calcium or tea. Ask your physician, how much iron supplement is recommended for you. 

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
Should I let my doctor know I take cobalt?
Always talk to your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication to avoid possible inte...
What is Multitrace 5 Concentrate (trace elements combination)?
Multitrace 5 Concentrate contains five important elements that you need in your diet: zinc, selenium...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young