Should I let my doctor know I am taking potassium supplement?

Yes, you should only take potassium supplements under the direction of your doctor. Some forms of potassium supplementation require a doctor's prescription. Even if an over-the-counter formulation is used, your doctor will still need to monitor your potassium levels with laboratory tests over time.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What are micronutrients?
ChuiceChuice
Micronutrients are chemical compounds that are needed in small quantities but play a vital role in r...
What are minerals?
Minerals are natural, non-living materials that your body needs to stay healthy. There are two types...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young