How much zinc should I consume daily?

Zinc is one of those workhorse nutrients that’s involved in almost every biochemical reaction in your body, but it’s especially important for skin cell renewal. Zinc isn’t hard to find, shellfish, lean ham, beef, and lamb are full of it (which is why vegetarians need to work a bit harder to get enough). How much zinc do you need, and how can you get enough to keep your skin young? The recommended daily value is 15 mg, the amount in most multivitamins.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
What can happen if I consume too much sodium or phosphorus?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Having too much of one major mineral can result in a deficiency of another. Calcium binds with exces...
Which mineral in cod fish helps keep my immune system strong?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about cod fish.
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young