How much iron do I need in my diet each day?

Multivitamins are supposed to protect you -- but if you take the wrong kind, they can actually cause harm. Most people shouldn't take a multi with iron, because too much of the mineral can actually damage your heart. In this video, Dr. Oz reveals just how much iron is safe to take every day.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
How are minerals categorized?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Minerals are classified into two categories: major and minor. This classification is determined by t...
Does cobalt interact with other medications?
Cobalt is part of the vitamin B12 molecule. Cobalt is not known to interact with other medicatio...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young