How much iron do I need in my diet each day?

Multivitamins are supposed to protect you -- but if you take the wrong kind, they can actually cause harm. Most people shouldn't take a multi with iron, because too much of the mineral can actually damage your heart. In this video, Dr. Oz reveals just how much iron is safe to take every day.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Why should pregnant women and young children limit mercury consumption?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
Because fetuses and young children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of mercury, it is part...
Is it better to get iron from supplements or from the foods I eat?
Many supplements may contain more iron than food, but iron found in food is better absorbed than iro...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young