How can I include more chromium in my diet?

It's best to get chromium from food rather than chromium supplements, but specific amounts in foods are tough to pin down: Chromium is difficult to measure accurately, and values can vary greatly, depending on how a product is grown and processed. Eating a diverse diet with plenty of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains should provide you with all the chromium your body needs.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
Is silicone safe?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Silicone is a safe material that is virtually everywhere in our modern society. It is used to co...
Can mineral supplements lower blood glucose levels?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Many minerals, including chromium, magnesium, selenium, and zinc, have been promoted by popular maga...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young