How does manganese work?

Manganese is an important mineral that aids in key bodily functions. It is absorbed by the body and then used in metabolism. That is, it helps to break down foods (proteins, fats, carbohydrates) to form energy in the body. Additionally, manganese may help in the growth and strengthening of bones.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
Why do I need minerals in my diet?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Minerals are divided into major minerals and trace minerals. Minerals are used in nerve impulse tran...
Who should not take cobalt supplements?
There are no known contraindications to cobalt. However, since cobalt is an integral component o...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young