Should I let my doctor know I am taking iron?

Yes, let your doctor know if you are taking iron. It is possible to overdose on iron and you may be on other medicines that contain iron without your knowledge. Also, the timing of some medicines has to be adjusted if you take iron. Telling your doctor can help you avoid these complications.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fou...
Is chocolate a good source of iron and minerals?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Quality chocolate made with a good amount of cocoa powder is rich in iron and minerals. You can ...
What are micronutrients?
ChuiceChuice
Micronutrients are chemical compounds that are needed in small quantities but play a vital role in r...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young