Should I let my doctor know I am taking iron?

Yes, let your doctor know if you are taking iron. It is possible to overdose on iron and you may be on other medicines that contain iron without your knowledge. Also, the timing of some medicines has to be adjusted if you take iron. Telling your doctor can help you avoid these complications.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Carotenoids: The Calcium Side Your Bones Crave
Keep your skeleton strong and fracture-free by serving that calcium supplement with a healthy salad on the side. Salad? Yep, salad. A 4-year study fo...
How does chromium affect people with diabetes?
Healthy HumansHealthy Humans
Chromium is one of the most common elements in the earth's crust and seawater. It exists in our envi...
What is manganese?
Manganese is a mineral. It is a key contributor to a number of bodily functions, including bone grow...
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young